Flavoria Café and lunch restaurant serve customers:
Lunch time 10:30-13:30
Flavoria® is a lunch restaurant and café that acts as a multidisciplinary research platform. Customers can participate in various scientific studies through My Flavoria® application. When customers use the application while getting food from the Flavoria lunch line, the installed scales gather information. This means that customers can follow the nutritional values of their lunch, the amount of biowaste created and, simultaneously, participate in providing scientific information. The My Flavoria® application is currently available in Finnish.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the My Flavoria® application to your phone.
- Take food from the Flavoria® lunch line one scale at the time following the instruction on the screen.
Please remember that it’s a scale system. Avoid adding any extra weight on the scale while weighing your lunch, or it will affect the weight result and nutritional content information of your meal.
- When paying for your meal, scan My Flavoria® QR code from the application. This way, you will have your lunch information transferred to the application.
- If you chose to take drinks or additions, such as bread or salad dressing, you can add them manually in the app (Ruokailut > Lisukkeet).
- After you have eaten, sort possible bio-waste to the bio-waste container, and provide feedback regarding your food experience with a smiley face.
University of Turku leads the research activities in Flavoria®, and Sodexo operates practical restaurant activity as a partner.
Your personal data is pseudonymized before using it in the research, meaning that personal data is not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person. If you do not use the My Flavoria® application, neither your food choice data nor the produced biowaste can be connected to you.